August 03, 2016
- Intro by Michelle
- Ryan J talked about “Defining Applications in Kubernetes(and Openshift).
- His presentation can be found here and includes lots of helpful links.
- He went through some OpenShift primitives that are not in Kubernetes but may show up soon if the community sees a need.
- There was some in depth discussion about Deployments.
- Kubernetes has some concepts that came out of OpenShift Deployment Config.
- Q: What features are in Deployment Config that are high priority to push into Kubernetes Core at the moment?
A: (Clayton) Yes. Handling deployment failures at a high level, a generic idea for a trigger controller which watches another system for changes and makes updates to a Deployment, and hooks.
- Ryan showed off OC which is a command line tool which is a wrapper for kubectl
- Comment: One of the challenges Kubernetes faces today is that there is not a great way to extensibly pull in new chunks of APIs.
- This is something that is actively being worked on today. This work is being discussed and worked on in SIG-API-Machinery
- Free O’Reilly EBooks can be found here courtesy of Red Hat.
Watch the recording